Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Tuesday, December 20, 2005  

They Make Drugs Out of It…

This was posted yesterday, though I was too zoned-out to notice I posed it to the WRONG blog... So enjoy, and I'm feeling much better.
…And I can see why. I took Sudafed this morning to help with the head-pressure, and ever since I’ve been a zombie. I can barely function, which is weird because I used to take Sudafed all the time and it never laid me out quite like it is doing today… I think the cure is worse than the cold in this case. I actually felt pretty good on Saturday, but evidently over-exerted myself by, gasp, shopping because on Sunday I was back in the weeds. I don’t think I got off the couch for like 10 hours. I actually watched Rushmore on DVD TWICE because I didn’t have the energy to find another DVD to watch. By the time Sunday night rolled around and I was a total bitch because I hadn’t DONE anything but lay around, I didn’t actually FEEL any better, and was pissed about having to go to work in the morning. (I’ll also blame the damned Sudafed for this as it evidently causes irritability and restlessness.) And of course Jules had to bear the brunt of Fussy-John, and I’m so sorry that she had to deal w/ me. She is the most important person I my life, and she deserves some kind of award for being so fucking awesome. Something with Chocolate-sauce…

This fucking cold/flu has also killed nearly all of my Christmas spirit. I’m bummed that we only get to see a fraction of our families. I feel totally trapped in my job, which gets more frustrating by the day and doesn’t actually provide the freedom, financially, that I would have expected 18 months ago when I started. I seriously need a Tiny-Tim moment, a fucking gingerbread man ,or something because right now I feeling pretty Grinch.

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch… Sorry. I did enjoy my double feature of Rushmore and Rushmore yesterday, though the commentary-track with Wes Anderson, Owen Wilson, and Jason Schwarztman was pretty under whelming and it didn’t offer a whole lot of insight into the story or production. But I love the film, and the performances and script are so perfect that I could probably watch it every day and still see new details. Wes Anderson’s films are both utterly heart-breaking and at the same time wonderfully uplifting, and he is a gifted filmmaker who I am fiercely jealous of.

posted by JMV | 12/20/2005 09:05:00 AM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com