Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Thursday, December 08, 2005  

At Least the Aren’t Kidding Themselves
Found at Ateaseweb.com (A Radiohead news site):


Here's a little bit from this months Q magazine. An interview with Coldplay's Chris Martin & Ricky Gervais:
How will Coldplay develop? You've mentioned you'd like to work with Timbaland.
RG: What, the boots people?
CM: Yeah, the people who make boots.
RG: Bruce Foxton's got a brand new pair of Timberlands.
CM: Yeah, I thought what we need to do next is a CD that comes in a pair of durable walking boots, so you can listen to it when you're hiking.
RG: You're going for the working class vote now aren't you? [Thinks] Who are your fans?
CM: Ah, man, it's tricky. I don't think we'd be anywhere is Radiohead didn't exist. I think we're like why Diet Coke was big. Because some people couldn't handle Coke. That's how i see Coldplay.
RG: That's very humbling.


Julie and I were talking about Coldplay the other day, and we decided that my unfounded hatred for them probably isn’t fair. But alas, what can I do? They maybe decent song-writers and musicians but something about their aesthetic makes me angry. I’ll even admit that “Clocks” is kinda catchy, but it still smells funny to me. Like it was mathematically designed to be catchy and anthemic. Plus I think that Chris Martin is a Douche.

As proof of Ducheocity, I just found this tidbit on the Wikipedia entry for that band:
"...at one point Martin had considered forming a *NSYNC inspired boy band called Pectoralz."

posted by JMV | 12/08/2005 12:36:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com