Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Thursday, June 02, 2005  

I Must Have Liked It
In the dark days following the release of Episode III and the great rift in geekdom that was created by the film’s questionable cinematic value I had great difficulty in quantifying my true feelings. I saw Episode I in the theater no less than three times; for back in 1999 the world was so starved for Star Wars action that even such a meager offering was at first heralded. So I tried extra hard to not get pulled into either camp in the Revenge of the Sith debate and really give the film some critical thought. I was greatly depressed with the conclusions that I reached. In fact, I was in a “funk” for a full week after the initial viewing as the shadow of disappointment slowly crept into my thoughts on the film.

And here I am, two weeks later, unable to sit still because I’m excited about the 8pm show tonight! That’s right, I’m going back (this time to see a digital projection) and I’m excited to watch the film again without the pretense of “opening night” and now that I know where all the “disappointments” lie I think I’ll be able to enjoy the film more.

Also, since I never managed to post a post-weekend post I would like to toot my horn now and say that when Julie and I went shopping over the weekend I was able to comfortably fit into size 34” pants. I haven’t worn 34” pants since 1998. Which brings my new year’s resolution count to 4/6 (smoking, weightless, more posting here, and no-more soda. Only regular exercise and learning an instrument remain!)

posted by JMV | 6/02/2005 03:51:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com