Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Friday, April 01, 2005  

Big Fat Kill
The long awaited film adaptation of Frank Miller’s Sin City is in general release today, and I’ve already got my tickets for the 7:30 show (3rd row center.) I’m excited and slightly apprehensive about seeing how Rodriguez translates Miller’s gritty and dark stories and images to digital media. Rodriguez has always had a very tongue-in-cheek style and I’m not sure how that is going to mesh with the source material. There is also a lot of new and untested technology at work on this film, and it has the possibility to really shake things up in the production world. The whole film was shot against a green-screen on HD cameras and the sets and many props added in post (same idea as “Sky Captain” but a different approach.) Rumor has it that Rodriguez’s digital workflow was even able to sway the staunch analog traditionalism of Quentin Tarantino. If Sin City can put up the numbers the way Sky Captain didn’t then I imagine HD production will gain a lot of ground Hollywood and that can only be a good thing for an industry full of bloated budgets and studio-choked distribution. Either way I’ll have my thoughts for you tomorrow…

posted by JMV | 4/01/2005 01:55:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com