Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Tuesday, February 15, 2005  

Pig, Wrapped in Pig
What the hell? I would have bet cash-money that I had a Valentine’s Day post from last year, but I can’t find it in my archives. Since I can’t link to it I’ll quickly sum it up, Jules and I don’t celebrate VDay in any traditional sense. So last night I cooked a slightly more complicated meal than our standard weekday fare, and I thought I would share it
As I’m sure many of you know, one of my favorite meats is pork, and one of my favorite cuts is the tenderloin. It is so versatile easy to work with! For this meal I chopped 3 cloves of garlic and a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and then, using the flat of the knife-blade, crushed the garlic and rosemary (along with a bit of salt) into a fragrant paste (I snuck a half-tbs on olive oil in to help the texture.) This paste (about 2 TBS once all was said and done) is then rubbed onto the cleaned-and-trimmed loin. And then I wrapped the lion in bacon, securing any loose-ends w. a tooth-pick. Toss it on a med-heat grill for about 6 minutes per side and serve w/ garlic mashed potatoes and crusty, grilled, bread.
Simple and unbelievably tasty.

posted by JMV | 2/15/2005 03:35:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com