Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Thursday, December 23, 2004  

Bandwidth
I finally got a hold of a copy of my 8mm film from the Attack of the Fifty-Foot Reels a few months ago, and I took advantage of the slow week at work to burn some DVDs and expirement with diffrent compression codecs. I'd like to post a copy to the site so those that couldn't make it to the screening can see it, but am unsure how large of a video-file I should post. The film is about 3.5 minutes long, and I have versions from 5 gigabytes to 8 megabytes. The three main candidates for web-viewing are the crappy-quality 8MB version or the nice-looking but odd file-format 22MB Mpeg4 version. Is 22MB too big for you folks to download? Is it too big for me to saddle my free web-host with? Do just bite the bullet and publish the 8MB version? Any comments?

posted by JMV | 12/23/2004 07:11:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com