Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Saturday, October 16, 2004  

Signal Got Lost...
Does a song ever reach into your chest and squeeze you heart?

I was just listening to True Dreams of Witchita by Soul Coughing while reading my book and I was transported to another time. The most vivid recollection of a rainy evening in my dorm freshman year washed over me. I remembered feeling very alone and far from home, even though I was was surrounded by new friends. I could SEE the wet ground of the quad, the amber lights reflected a million times. The odor of incense filled my nose and the drumming of the rain threatened to drown out the music.

As quickly as the tide of memories overtook me it receded, and as I fought to hold onto the sands the recollection was gone. I'm left feeling like where I am today is very similar to where I was 8 years ago.

I've been in LA a year, and for the most part it feels like home. But I still miss my old home and the people we left there very much. And on this gloomy saturday afternoon I am reminded of all that has led me to today, but still utterly blind to what tomorrow holds.

posted by JMV | 10/16/2004 03:29:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com