Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Wednesday, June 09, 2004  

Not Dead Yet
I'm still here... I keep meaning to comment on all this stuff and more stuff just keeps happening that I need to comment on. My blog-backlog is getting out of hand.

So, with no further adieu, and in no particular order:

Regan: Dude, he was ninety three. Get the fuck over it. Flags at half mast? 80K mourners? A national day of mourning? 9-fucking-3 and for the last 10 of that in poor health. I don't remember Ford getting that kind of treatment when he died.

The Shins: A great show. The over-arching "theme" of the collected catalog (of which they played everything) was really reinforced by the earnest and energetic live performance. You could clearly tell the band was stoked to be playing the Wiltern, and that translated into some great moments. The Shins' music is all about getting of your ass and chasing your dreams, and with some more time and energy I would love to expound about that, but onward...

D-Day: Monday marked 60 years since one of the most nobel and greatest moments in our county's history. And I was disgusted that our President drew comparisons between that Day and todays conflict in Iraq. The idea that, somehow, Terrorists (real or imagined) or equitable to Hitler and the Nazis is beyond laughable and by even implying it Bush has marred the solemn remembrance of the thousands of soldiers that died in the surf and the fields of Normandy so that he could have a country to drag though the mud 60 years later.

My Job: It is going very well. Not much more to report on that front.

The New Apple Gizmo: Check it out, I'll wait. Ok. At first I thought it was cool, and then I couldn't decide if it actually was cool or if I just got blinded by Steveo's conjurer act. Then I read that it actually does work as a bridge for ethernet devices and it will work with non-apple routers, so now I'm deciding if it will go in the living room, the bed room, or if I should just buy two. My prediction is this is just the tip of the iceberg for the "Digital Hub" this summer.

posted by JMV | 6/09/2004 12:18:00 AM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com