Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Saturday, May 08, 2004  

Three in One Day
I know the procrastination has reached a head when, after cleaning the kitchen and living-room, I reorganize my bookmarks.

One more post, then I gotta get cracking on the rewrite... Heavy Little Objects is the brilliant blog of a pack-rate junkphile who is documenting all of the flotsam and jetsam that accumulates in a lifetime of junk-drawers and tool boxes.

I too am a pack rat and have always found a strange enjoyment in looking through the crap that has collected in cupboard or storage-box. The details of experiences-past that can be brought to the forefront of the mind as my fingers play over forgotten treasures has a magic akin to reading old journal entries.

Mack, the "curator" of the site, makes each object precious as he gives meaning to the randomness of his collection. I simultaneously think of the found-object sculpture of the AI of Gibson's Sprawl book and events from my own life, recollection sparked by Mack's poetic descriptions.

Sometimes I get bored with the WWW. Then something like Heavy Little Objects convinces me that all of the juicy chunks of meat haven't been picked out of the cyber-soup yet.

posted by JMV | 5/08/2004 03:36:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com