Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Saturday, May 08, 2004  

And Their Numbers Dwindled Like Dew Drops in the Noonday Sun...
Somehow I neglected to mention the pending nuptials of one of my oldest friends, Cameron, and his long-time girl friend Julie. The announcement was a long-time coming, and they are shooting for an end-of-summer (yes, THIS summer) wedding. I can fondly recall summer days spent in Cameron's pool discussing the pros and cons of acetone for use as a fire accelerant, devising plans for ill-fated rocketry experiments, or playing pool on the fill-sized table in the too-small game room. Those time don't at all seem like they are so far behind us, and now he is starting the "next-phase" with a wonderful woman.

As if that weren't enough, I get a call this morning from Andrew to inform me he has finally cleared all of the logistic hurdles and proposed to his long-time GF, Jodi. I've known Andrew since the very beginning of my time spent in Santa Cruz, but the funny thing is we spent 2 years as neighbors before we realized, (and only through his then roommate Jason) that we were kindred spirits. After he joined the on-going Deadlands RPG campaign in the fall of 1998 we became fast friends and have had many adventures since. I've actually known Jodi longer, and if you had told me, 5 years ago, that the two would be getting married I would have stopped mixing you drinks. But now I see that there is really no better match for the two of them, and I couldn't be happier!

So, to the four of you, I raise my glass of eChampaign and propose a toast:

True love is a rare and splendid thing, and though marriage in America has become the butt of jokes and the battle-ground for fundamentalists, the wedding is a sacred and powerful rite, even in the most secular examples. It will forever change your life and your perceptions of the world, and I hope that you all find the love, support, comfort, and adventure that I have found. Put on some comfortable shoes, cuz you've got a long and marvelous journey ahead of you!

Salute.

posted by JMV | 5/08/2004 02:32:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com