Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Friday, September 19, 2003  

Day One
When I was originally contacted about this PA gig that I'm working, the UPM (thats Unit Production Manager, basically the person who organizes all the different departments for the shoot) assured me there would only be 8 hour days. I knew that was BS, but she seemed sincere so I figured, hell maybe they will only be 10 hour days. I arrived on set at 6:45 and drove off set at 6:45. But I had to drop off the nearly 4000 feet of film that was shot today at the lab, so by the time I was at my house it was 9:15. That makes my door to door time 16 hours. It was also the hardest day of work I've ever had in my life. Every muscle in my body hurts, and I don't even want to think about how they will feel tomorrow morning as I attempt to haul my ass out of bed for the 7am call. Tomorrow should be very interesting because I am "on-loan" to the grip department, so I'm not too sure what I'll be doing. On my lengthy drive home I was planning out a detailed blog post about how a set works, and what the different people do, but I've fucking tired so I'll save it for another time. So I'll just give my general feeling about the day. PA is a hard job, and this production has shown me how little I actually know about real productions. I feel very much like a small fish in a big pond.

Oh and one of the stars of the film is Melanie Brown.

posted by JMV | 9/19/2003 11:32:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com