Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Saturday, August 16, 2003  

Five Feet Long and Luminous


Last night was really a banner evening for me. The first movie that I've been a part of since I graduated way back in 2000 had a semi-public screening at a real movie theater! It was very exciting, and there was a HUGE turnout (about 120 paying people above and beyond all the cast and crew who got passes.) The film was very well received, and everyone laughed in all the right places. The projection was a little dark, but that was due to the extremely long throw of the DLP the theater uses. Zack (the DP and editor) is going to lighten up some of the night scenes that he had previously darkened, so the DVD release will look much better. There was a temp sound-mix in place that had a few rough spots, but overall was very good. Apart from the excitement of seeing my name in the credits, I was floored by the comments made by a lot of the cast (who I hadn't seen since the wrap party.) Everybody had wonderfully nice things to say to me about how much of an impact I made on the film, and how professional I was on set. It was comments like those that really made me feel good! Julie and I made a quick appearance at the after party, before heading home to bed. We just didn't have it in us to Party it Up again. I want to thank all my friends that came down to see the screening, and say sorry that I didn't really get a chance to talk to any of you. I was just really overwhelmed by the whole thing! So thanks! You guys rock and really make the 16 hour days, sunburns, and blood-sweat-and-tears of filmmaking all worth it!

posted by JMV | 8/16/2003 06:52:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com