Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Tuesday, July 15, 2003  

Slow News Day
Very little to report. Slow day at work, haven't really found anything too interesting on the web, didn't do much last night. So I'll take this time to address the impending nuptials for my good friends Beau and Mary. I've known Mary for something like 13 years. Her older brother Todd was in my math class in 7th grade (for about 2 days before they realized he was too smart for whatever dumb-ass math class I was in) and we instantly bonded over some gaming materials (Space Hulk maybe?) and from then on, spent many after-school evenings playing at sci-fi war with Todd and trying to avoid his sister. I've known Beau for about that long. We also bonded over gaming materials; either Battletech or Dragonlance novels, I don't remember which, and it wasn't long before we were a big happy geeking crew. There was quite a bit of drama when Beau and Mary started their relationship during Beau's SR year, and Mary's freshman year, at Irvine High. I wasn't around, having already fled the OC to sunny Santa Cruz and didn't get to witness the blooming of their love, and whatever strife it caused to the families and friends involved. Highschool romance is always fraught with drama; but here we are, some six years later and their relationship has grown into something so much more. I'm very happy for both of them, and wish them the best of luck!

posted by JMV | 7/15/2003 01:04:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com