Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Wednesday, July 09, 2003  

Living the Dream pt Three
But I want to tell visual stories. I want to touch people the way I was touched by ET and by Star Wars and by Casablanca. I want to make movies that people love to watch. Cult movies. Fun movies. B movies even. I think that writing scripts of B Movies would be the coolest job in the world. And the only thing that stands in the way is 7000 other wanna-be players and my own damn insecurities. How can an obsessive-compulsive, lazy, addictive personality romantic stand up to the meat-grinder of reality that is Hollywood? Can I survive the 16-hour days, the evil and vindictive producers, and the Machiavellian politics? Can I survive the creditors, and the seductresses? When I think about the path that I will soon walk down, all I see is the pit-falls and dead-ends. Does that mean that I will be able to avoid them? I feel like many people are counting on my success, and they all seem to have SO much faith in my abilities. I need to find that faith in my self, otherwise I am destined to fall. Sometimes I wish that, when I was in high-school, I wanted to be a banker, or a CPA, or in real-estate. It would be so much easier.

posted by JMV | 7/09/2003 10:37:00 AM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com