Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Thursday, July 10, 2003  

Living the Dream pt 4
I have friends who have a career and a plan and know where they will be in five years. Friends who are getting their MA or even PHD. I have friends that own their house. I have friends that are adults. A lot of mornings I feel like I am just some naive kid who is blindly chasing his dream of being an astronaut. I have no idea of where I'll be in ONE year. No hope of owning a house anytime soon. I certainly don't feel much like an adult. After all, a rational adult wouldn't give up a salary, health insurance, a great apartment, and the best friends in the world for a future that is so uncertain. I've been more happy here in Santa Cruz than any other time in my life. There is a life for me here in Santa Cruz. But I don't think it is the life I want to lead. I know that if I were to stay here, and be happy for the short term, I would forever regret not giving my dreams the shot they deserve. LA is a crap shoot. With long odds and a big payoff. I'm a gambler. I'll take those odds.

posted by JMV | 7/10/2003 12:25:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com