Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Friday, June 27, 2003  

Too goddamned Hot to Blog
I have so much to say, but I'm too over-heated to say it. Santa Cruz is in the midst of a heat-wave. Wednesday it was in the mid-nineties at our apartment (a whopping 5 blocks from the beach.) Yesterday was cooler, but not much. This is unheard of for Santa Cruz, and it is beginning to wear on me. To make matters MUCH worse, they shut off AC to my office because of the construction.

One side-effect of all this heat is having to sleep with the windows open (something I usually try and avoid because of my allergies.) This combined with the broken screen door caused Julie and I to be devoured by mosquitos last-night. I have no less than 15 distinct bite, including on my face, scalp, and an incredibly painful one on my wrist. But Julie got the worst of it as, while she slept, one of the bugs bit her on the EYE LID! So when she woke this-morning it was completely swollen shut. It was scary and I took her to urgent care where they told us nothing we didn't already know. But I don't like screwing around with eyes, so I thought it was best to get a professional opinion.

In other news, I have a surprise for OH readers that will hopefully happen this evening! So check back!

Oh! And I realized that I forgot to award Pink's the official . Consider it officially guaranteed!

posted by JMV | 6/27/2003 04:25:00 PM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com