Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Thursday, June 26, 2003  

This Should Have Been Posted Yesterday...
Back at work after the extended weekend. The drive back was uneventful, but REALLY long as we drove around Burbank for a couple of hours. Overall I was pretty overwhelmed by the amount of apartments for rent. The goal of the trip was to figure out what neighborhood we wanted to live in, and that turned out to be tougher than I expected. We basically have it narrowed down to Burbank east of the 5 or West Hollywood. WeHo as it is known is much more urban, much more trendy, and nearly as gay as the Castro. Burbank is cheaper, more suburban, and may be closer to work. Maybe fate will intervene and miraculously provide a job for Julie or myself that will make the decision easier...

Pictures from the trip and from the party will be up shortly... I'm kinda swamped at work today and don't think I'll get time to post them.

Lastnight Jules and I watched "Die Another Day" the 20th James Bond flick. Overall it was pretty bad. The plot was laughable, the gadgets were disappointing, the one liners were awful, and the super-weapon was LAME. But there were some notable action set-pieces, which is why I watch a Bond movie in the first place. The opening sequence, a friggin hovercraft chase, was insane. And the opening credits, set to Madonna's theme song, was perhaps the coolest of any Bond movie. So overall I was happy with it.

UPDATE (08.04.03): I finally got around to posting the aforementioned pics. Enjoy.

posted by JMV | 6/26/2003 10:11:00 AM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com