Octopus Hat
We have the technology!


Thursday, June 19, 2003  

Something I Must Try!
It has come to my attention that, supposedly, several of the shorts on the Animatrix DVD "synch-up" with several of the tracks on the new Radiohead disc "Hail to the Thief" ala "the Wizard of Floyd." For those that don't know, the Wizard of Floyd is an urban legend of untold origins that states if one begins playing the Pink Floyd album "The Dark Side of the Moon" just after the second roar of the lion during the MGM lead-in during the opening of "The Wizard of Oz" then the Pink Floyd's music become the new soundtrack to the movie complete with matched scene/song changes, and all kinds of other effects synched to the film. Now, I call it an Urban legend simply because I don't know of anyone who has actually TRIED it, but the rumor has been around for SO long that I have no doubt that it actually works (I've even seen ads for public screenings of the combo.) I have difficulty with this new pairing though... It just seems like the two items were produced to close to each other (time-wise) for there to have been any conscious effort to create a meta-text. But that doesn't mean I won't try it! Here is the discussion board thread that I first saw the info (yeah... I'm a friggin geek) The song-film combinations that supposedly work are: "Matriculated" (on the DVD) with the songs "The Gloaming" and "There There" (played consecutively) if they are begun when the robot goes into the matrix, and "The Second Renaissance pt 1" (DVD) with "2+2=5". There are supposed to be other combos as well. If you find any, or if you try it post a comment!

posted by JMV | 6/19/2003 11:46:00 AM
|
Octopus Hat
Pics From Flickr
Other’s Blogs
Links
archives
Me, Elsewhere
Buy John Beer
Links
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com